Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Eye Of The Storm

The way I see it, we're pretty much sitting in the eye of the storm right now. The Christmas rush is over, and we now have a few days to recover before New Years descends upon us. I'm sure the worst of the craziness is over, but it won't be truly done until we hit 2006.

Christmas recap:

We left on Friday to head down to Courtney's parents' place. The drive that should have taken two hours actually took three hours because we drive by the only major shopping center near Waldorf and La Plata on the way there. It was the Friday before Christmas, and all of the procrastinators were out in full force. Other than the traffic on 5/301, the drive was uneventful.

Friday night we had pork tenderloin for dinner. It was really good, as always, and we spent the rest of the evening just socializing. Christmas Eve was spent lounging around the house and wrapping a few gifts. (Courtney bought some of our presents on Amazon and just had them shipped to her parents' house.) We also played some Cheater and Miles Bourne as well. I got to catch up on some reading, play some Nintendo DS, and just pretty much be lazy. For Christmas Eve dinner, we had an awesome meal of crab stuffed shrimp. It was an Emeril recipe, and it was good. I hope you got that recipe like you were supposed to, Courtney! I was the one to unwrap baby Jesus around midnight for display in the nativity (a tradition in their house), and then we headed to bed.

Christmas morning was spent unwrapping presents. (What else did you expect?) Courtney was caught completely off-guard when she opened her diamond necklace. She was convinced that her big present had come from Best Buy. I had in fact bought her an iTunes gift card at Best Buy. I then bought the necklace and put it in the Best Buy bag as well and ditched the Littman's bag at Pep Boys. So when I walked in with nothing but the tiny Best Buy bag the weekend before, it just confused her. Mission accomplished! Courtney got me Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head and Matchbox 20's Mad Season, both good CDs, and Eddie Izzard's Dress to Kill DVD. She wanted to get me a VT polo shirt, but the bookstore was sold out. I'll have to wait a few weeks before I get that present. I also received a Monty Python T-shirt, a car charger for my iPod, some flannel pants (good for lounging about in the mornings), Best Buy gift cards, The Apprentice TV game (looks fun for parties), and a collection of John Wayne movies. I'm sure there's other stuff, but I just can't think of it right now.

For Christmas dinner we had an awesome beef Wellington. I'd never had it before, but man was it good! A bunch of people came over to hang out after dinner, including Seth, who I hadn't seen in forever. It was cool to catch up with him. He was also the one who got me the John Wayne movies. Everyone pretty much hung out and talked late into the night. We watched the Green Bay/Chicago game, and that went pretty much as expected. The last couple of minutes were pretty exciting when it looked like Green Bay might tie it up, but in the end Chicago managed to hang on to their lead.

Monday we bought Chinese food for everyone for lunch, and then we headed home. We made the drive back in two hours, giving me time to go and get the oil changed on my car. We watched the Eddie Izzard DVD (which had more stuff in it than what I had seen before), and then we went to bed. I'm working today, tomorrow, and Thursday. All three days promise to be slow. I am definitely looking forward to another four day weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home