Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Go To Work Drunk!

I was driving along on 270 this morning, and as I approached the split for the beltway, I noticed the sign that's supposed to display traffic information was now displaying a different notice: "U drink, U drive, U lose." Now, maybe I'm just not the typical Marylander, but is that really a problem at 9am on a Wednesday morning? Also, can we get someone besides your ten-year-old son to write the messages next time? It's "you," not "U"; this is not instant messenger, email, or IRC. This is a public notice on equipment owned by the federal government. How can other nations take us seriously when we have stuff like this?

Tonight is going to be one of our last (if not our last) choir practices before the concert next Wednesday. Personally, I think we're pretty set. We have some areas that we can polish up, but overall I think we've got all of the songs down. Here's a list of the songs that I remember off the top of my head:

"Oh Little Town of Bethlehem"
"Is There Room?"
"Hark the Herald Angels Sing"
Two pieces from Handel's Messiah (no, the "Hallelujah Chorus" is not one)
"Calypso Christmas"
"How Far is it to Bethlehem?"
"Journey of Praise" (a medley of a few different songs)
"Oh Holy Night" (women only)

There are at least five more, but I can't remember what they are at the moment. It should be a good concert.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodbye said...

Do you need tickets to go to your concert? I originally thought I'd already be in Stroudsburg, but Mike may have to stay in MD for work through the 21st. That means, I'll be in MD through the 21st. We don't have anything definite yet, but if I'm still here, I'd like to come to your concert. (Not sure if Mike will be able to make it yet.)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

You don't need tickets for the concert, but if you wanted to eat dinner beforehand, then you would. Dinner starts at 6pm, and the concert starts at 7pm. I think dinner is $5/person.

4:45 PM  
Blogger goodbye said...

Well, I don't want to make it difficult, since we don't even know where we'll be yet. If I/we can make it, we'll just make it to the concert.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home