Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weekend Update With Matt Silverthorn

This past weekend was incredibly busy. I already posted about the party on Friday, and we also had a party on Saturday and another one on Sunday. Insane. First, the Saturday party.

Phil drove up to our place, and we all rode up to Kim's place together. We were the first ones there, so we just talked for a bit. Mike showed me some of the cool poker stuff he had: a WPT handheld poker game, Phil Gordon's little green book, and an instructional video by Phil Gordon. We popped the instructional video in while we were waiting for other people to arrive. I learned some really important things, which I have posted over on my poker blog. It has most definitely helped to improve my game.

It wasn't long before everyone showed up, and we ate dinner. After dinner was over, we busted out Trivial Pursuit: 90s Edition. Team 1 was Courtney, Kim, and Ray. Team 2 was Jim, Mike, and Matt Sprinkle. Team 3 was me, Phil, and Sid. This was the most intense game of Trivial Pursuit ever. By the time the end rolled around, Team 1 had all the pies, Team 2 was short only one pie, and Team 3 had all the pies. Team 1 went to the center about 4 or 5 times before they ended up winning. If it weren't for their crazy lucky pie streak early in the game, my team probably would have won, but they definitely deserved it.

Sunday's party was over at Chuck and Peggy's place. They live right near our church, so it didn't take long to get there. It was a cookie exchange party, so Courtney baked and brought about eleventy billion cookies. We took home slightly over twelveteen billion. That's a lot of cookies. We watched the end of the Redskins game (they dominated Dallas), and after that was over, we watched the greatest 80's movie of all time:

The Holiday Yule Log

That's right, we watched a video of a fire burning in a fireplace (Chuck and Peggy don't have a real one). It wasn't meant to be for serious watching, but we had fun making up crazy commentary. It was a good time. Courtney proceeded to pick up our twelveteen billion cookies while I talked with some of the other people from church. Once the cookie gathering ritual was complete, we headed home, where we already had over one hundredty billion cookies.

PLEASE TAKE THE COOKIES! I'LL PAY YOU! (in cookies)

Work's been pretty lax so far this week. I'm taking Friday off, and there's two parties this week, one of which I have to go to now. I'm outta here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Whatever, we went there with 8 dozen and left with maybe 4.

I will give you the one hundredty billion cookies at home, if one hundredty billion is the same as 35 dozen.

I said you could take some to work :-P

4:17 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

8? 4? Dozen? Come back when you can post with real numbers! :-)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home