Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

Bored: 2005 In Review

Stolen from Eric, who stole it from Seth, who probably stole it from somewhere else. Nothing on the internet is original.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Bought a house.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do that stupid stuff.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I'm aware of.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, but my little sister came scarily close.

5. What countries did you visit? I don't visit countries. I roundhouse kick them in the face. No, wait, that's Chuck Norris. I just stayed in the good ole USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A larger poker bankroll

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 13, the day my sisters were in their car accident.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Buying house from question 1.

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't fail. I roundhouse kick success in the face.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Haven't we been through this? The freaking house!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My wife, because she does all kinds of great things for me and others. I don't know how she does it.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Name a politician, any politician.

14. Where did most of your money go? THE FREAKING HOUSE ALREADY!!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Winning an iPod in an online poker tournament.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? I don't associate songs with years. I just like songs.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? richer, sucka

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? reading my Bible, exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? taking family for granted

20. How will you be spending Christmas? We went to Courtney's parents'

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? every day

23. How many one-night stands? I've tried, but I can never manage to stand up for an entire night. I usually fall asleep and crash to the floor. I'll manage it someday...

24. What was your favorite TV program? Prison Break

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate people. I roundhouse kick... oh, nevermind. No, I don't hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read? Brimstone

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head

28. What did you want and get? a laptop

30. What was your favorite film of this year? I'd have to agree with Kim on this one: Batman Begins rocked.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My wife threw me a surprise party for my 25th birthday. Pretty much all of my friends were there. It was awesome.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If my sisters had never had their car accident.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? I wear whatever I want. I don't really care.

34. What kept you sane? Friends and family.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Stephen Colbert is the best thing to happen to television.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't really care. I hate politics.

37. Who did you miss? My sisters and parents.

38. Who were the best new people you met? I don't know that I really met any new people.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Treasure every moment you can with the ones you love. They could be taken from you in an instant.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "I'm 22 for a moment..." I know I'm not 22, but that's the lyric. Last year went by FAST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home