Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

Finally Friday

This week has been alright at work. Yesterday sucked, though. It wasn't like there was some massive problem, but a lot of minor things hit me at the same time and ended up really pissing me off. Courtney bought me a 2006 poker calendar by Phil Gordon, and we went out to dinner to help me relax after that fun day. Anyway, I'm very glad it's the weekend. I've had a lot of late nights this week watching the bowl games, so I need to catch up on my sleep. I just hope this work day goes by quickly. It's an hour until lunch, so that's a start. I just hope the afternoon doesn't drag.

Courtney is going to a concert at the 9:30 Club tonight, so that means I will have the house to myself. And that means poker. I'm currently working on rebuilding my bankroll after a stupid move on Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I had some marginal success last night, so we'll see if I can continue that today and tomorrow. You can read about my screwup here.

Randomness follows.

I think that this is awesome! I really hope they can get the technology to work. Faster than light drives (engines) have long been a staple of science fiction, but to have it become a reality would be unreal, especially within my lifetime. If this stuff works within the time frame they're hoping, I'm SO changing careers.

Where has Homestar Runner gone? They haven't done anything new in over a month now. I hope that they're just working on something big and that nothing bad happened to the brothers Chaps or their families. The world needs Strongbad! I hope they come back soon.

The date for our poker home game has changed to the 21st of January to accomodate Eric and Carly. They had a foosball tournament on the 28th, and everyone else said the 21st was ok, so we moved it. If you read this, I know you, and you are interested in attending, let me know. I'm hoping to have two full tables for this game. So far there are nine confirmed coming and three maybes. Looking good so far!

A-not-nearly-new-but-highly-recommended-CD: Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head. There are just so many good songs on this album. I have no idea why "Clocks" was chosen to be the single that was played to death on the radio. "The Scientist," which was the only other single off the CD and came much later, was a better choice. However, "A Rush of Blood to the Head" and "Amsterdam" are better than either of those songs. I don't know if Coldplay had a say in which ones were released or not. They probably didn't. The studio they have their contract with probably just picked a random track. Stupid music industry. I still need to buy their Parachutes album, which probably contains a bunch of songs better than "Yellow," and I also need to get Three Doors Down's new CD. I might have to get both of those off of iTunes this weekend.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home