Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Great News!

Yesterday my parents received a phone call from the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Apparently the insurance information finally went through, and my little sister has been accepted into their inpatient rehabilitation program. This is great news for us! Julie has continued to make progress at home, but she's not getting nearly the amount of attention she would receive from an inpatient stay. The Shepherd Center actually specializes in head injury trauma, so Julie should be in great hands. She'll be getting eight hours of therapy a day, including physical, occupational, and speech. I'm sure that she gets bored just sitting around at home, so this will hopefully be good for keeping her mind and body active. They're going to take her down sometime over the next couple of days, and mom will stay down in Atlanta during the course of her therapy. Hopefully we'll be seeing some big leaps in her recovery process soon! I will post any updates that I receive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosa said...

Hope all goes well with your sister. My brother had a spinal cord injury and went to McGee Rehab in Philly. Best wishes to her and your family.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope that your brother is doing well.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home