Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Welcome To 2006!

Well, we've made it to 2006! Happy new year, everyone! We had a pretty good time spending new years weekend with my family in Springfield. We went down to my aunt/grandma's on Friday afternoon. One of my cousins was also staying with them, so we got to hang out with him all weekend, too. We got there around 5:30, and soon after we went out to dinner at Olive Garden. I, of course, got my stuffed mushrooms and my portobello ravioli. That stuff just rules. The service kind of sucked, though. I didn't get my appetizer until after my main course because someone mixed up the order and brought out calamari (cause those sound alike). However, I got my mushrooms in the end, and all was well with the world. Friday night we broke out Cranium for the first time, and C and I kicked everyone else's butts! We totally rocked that game.

Saturday we went to my cousin's place to pick up Mad Gab, a game they had gotten for Christmas. We ate lunch at Five Guys (mmmmmmmmm), and on the way back my aunt called telling us that The Chronicles of Narnia was playing soon. So we ended up going straight to the movie theater (and getting stuck behind a wreck on 66 along the way; idiots). The movie was exceptional, and I will definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out. I may also pick up the soundtrack off of iTunes; it was pretty good, and I generally like Harry Gregson-Williams' stuff. Saturday night we had dinner at my uncle's place. They grilled steaks, and we had baked potatoes and green beans. It was delicious! We then went back to my grandma's to watch the ball drop.

Sunday was spent playing games in the morning (Sequence, more Cranium, and Mad Gab), and then we went to the bowling alley. We played two games, and I bowled a 127-ish and a 185. My cousin Robbie got four strikes in a row, I had three in a row, and Courtney had two in a row. It was quite the game! Sunday night we had some excellent Chinese food for dinner, and then we packed up our stuff and headed home. All in all, it was a nice weekend with the family and a good way to start the year. Hopefully 2006 will be just as good (if not better than) 2005!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home