Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

We had a pretty good Valentine's Day yesterday. I got Courtney some chocolate truffles from Godiva and tickets to see Movin' Out when it comes to Baltimore in March. She got me Wil Wheaton's Just a Geek and Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. I started Phil Gordon's book last night, and I can already tell that it's going to be a great help to my poker game.

For dinner we went out to O'Donnell's, which is a nice seafood restaurant in Kentlands. I got the filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and onion rings. She got the lump crabcakes with green beans. The steak was awesome, and the bit of crabcakes that I tried was also very good. I had a glass of Merlot with my steak, and Courtney had some Pinot Grigio. I didn't try her wine, but mine complemented the steak very nicely. For dessert we split a slice of chocolate mousse cake. It was very yummy.

I wish we could eat at that place more often, but it's freaking expensive. So we just have to go on special occasions.

T-minus two days to the ski trip.

AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home