Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Worst Traffic EVAR!

It took me three hours to get to work yesterday. I left before nine, and I had to stop and pick up lunch ON THE WAY TO WORK. It was a disaster. Some dumbass trucker overturned his vehicle on the overpass on the outer loop of 495 that goes over 270. He not only succeeded in closing all lanes of the outer loop, but he dumped a bunch of lumber off the overpass onto 270, closing all northbound and southbound lanes. Well done, indeed, sir. I was forced to drive around the entire inner loop of the beltway (yes, over the Woodrow Wilson bridge) to get to work, as all the other avenues of escape were not moving at all.

I hate semi trucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodbye said...

Wow, that SUCKS.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jim H. said...

Dude, as soon as you hear that on the traffic report.. thats when you say "screw it" and go home and work from there :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

I would have, but I had things to do that I would not have been able to do from home. My supervisor is on vacation this week, and we had a lot of stuff to get finished before he left.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home