Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was really nice. I pretty much just ran errands on Saturday, so there's not much to say there. The Easter service at church on Sunday was great, and I think that the choir did really well. We had two violinists join us for the music portion, and they were just awesome. I really wish we could have violins more often because they add so much to the music.

Church started fifteen minutes early so that we could sing some extra songs and not go too far past noon. Service ended around 12:15, and, as is tradition in our church for Easter, we ended with the Hallelujah chorus. We're actually getting pretty good at it, too. I love singing that song. After service, I got changed into some shorts (it was HOT sitting through the whole service in that massive choir robe), and then we drove down to C's parents for Easter dinner.

They always have awesome food there for Easter. I think it's a traditional Polish meal, but I could be wrong about the nationality. Anyway, they have different kinds of sausage, pirogies, hard boiled eggs, noodle pudding, ham, and babka bread. I'm not a huge fan of the bread, but I love everything else. I had a lot of time to relax and to read while I was there, and it was just good to hang out with family.

Courtney's brother Daniel also got engaged to his girlfriend Tammy while we were down there. We were expecting it, so it wasn't much of a surprise for us, but she had no idea. We're very happy for them, and we love Tammy, so she'll be a great addition to the family.

On Monday we went to Arby's for lunch since C hadn't been in forever and she really wanted curly fries. We relaxed around the house for the rest of the day and then packed up and drove to Fredericksburg to have dinner with Derrick and Robyn. We went to a small Italian restaurant that I don't remember the name of. It was pretty good, though. I got a sausage and pasta dish that I would definitely eat again. It was a little spicy, but not too bad. After dinner we drove back home to our place. All in all it was a nice relaxing weekend. The traffic was never bad, so the driving was just fine. Now it's back to the grind. Ugh. I can't wait for June. I want my vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home