Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Late Weekend Update

This past weekend was a ton of fun. We were going to go down to Carly and Eric's for ultimate frisbee and a cookout on Saturday, but it rained and rained. They cancelled the ultimate frisbee but still had the cookout so we went down anyway. We arrived a little early because we always plan to hit traffic on the beltway, and we haven't yet. I know that the one time we don't plan for this, we're going to hit a major accident or something, so we will just have to continue to arrive before everyone else.

We started out by playing some Rainbow Island on the PS2. I'd never heard of this game before, but it's addictive as all get out. I need to try and find it in a bargain bin somewhere because Carly said she wasn't able to find it being sold new anymore. Boo to that. We ate dinner while we were playing that, and afterwards we started up a game of Texas Hold'em.

I dropped the hammer very early on against Nate, which I thoroughly enjoyed. After that, I pretty much played loose and aggressively. There was no money on the line, so I didn't really feel mentally invested in the game. I was the 3rd or 4th person to go out when I caught the ass end of the straight, and Courtney had the nut straight. Oh, well. She went on to win the whole thing, and I was very proud of her. She said she was even calculating pot odds! That's so hot.

After I busted out of the poker game, Carly, Steve, Pam, and I started up a game of Mario Party. This was another game that I had never played before, but it was FUN! There was a lot of strategy involved in making your moves on the board, and most of the minigames were very engaging. I ended up coming in 2nd place when I missed my roll to make the final star, and Steve hit his. I may have to get a Gamecube at some point just so we can play this game. They're already dirt cheap for $100; maybe there will be a sale or price drop in the future.

Sunday we went to church and then promptly went home to clean the house. Norm and Laura came over for dinner around 6:30, and we had a great time eating and swapping stories. Once they left, we were able to catch Family Guy. Stewie as a gymnast is hilarious. I hope they do more of that.

That's about all I got for now. I hope the rest of this week goes by quickly. I'm ready for another weekend. Actually, I'm ready for a vacation. Come on, June!

5 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

NO GAMECUBE.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

*cries*

4:11 PM  
Blogger Steven H. said...

But Revolution is coming out in November and THAT plays gamecube games too! So angle for that one... :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

NO SECOND GAME SYSTEM.

We just bought the PS2 a few months ago.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I've about decided I'm not buying anymore game systems... I always enjoy them for a few weeks or even a month or two, but then I pretty much stop playing them. Granted, I always buy them preowned, but still. The only thing I stick with is computer games, so I figure buying any game system is pretty much a waste.

I don't regret getting the x-box, just because its cool to take on vacation and such, but I don't see anything else in my future really.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home