Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Random Update

Yeah, I know, I don't post nearly as often as I should. The reason is usually because I do most of my writing over on my poker blog instead of here. There hasn't been too much going on, but there's a few things that I can write about. So, in no particular order, here are the happenings as of late.

First off, there's Julie. She's been making progress. It been slow, but it's progress at any rate. She will be getting her casts off of her ankles on Wednesday, I think. On Thursday, my mom, dad, and aunt will be driving her back home to South Carolina. Her time at Shepherd Center is up. I'm not sure how much progress they were able to make with her. I think she's to the point where she is practicing standing up and moving from the bed to a chair by herself, but I don't think she is doing any walking. Hopefully she will continue to improve at home. Dad put a ramp in at the front door for her wheelchair, so she'll be able to get out and about easily now. I think the next step is to get one of those vans that has a lift on it for her. We'll see how that goes.

This past Sunday was our church's main Easter performance. We always do the majority of our program on Palm Sunday because a lot of people like to travel to see family for Easter. It was a pretty neat program this year. We had a DVD running and displaying on a projector and our performance was timed to music that it played. There were also various character dramatizations on the screen. It was pretty neat. I had a solo (backed up by the choir), and I think it went extremely well. I received a lot of compliments, so that's definitely a boost to my confidence for future performances. We have a couple of songs we're doing for Easter Sunday, but nothing nearly as complicated as last Sunday. After church this week, we'll be going down to C's parents' for Easter dinner. They always have an awesome meal, and I can't wait.

The weather has started to warm up finally, and C and I got to play some tennis on Sunday. It was great to be playing outside finally. I can't wait until they open the pool so I can go swim laps on a regular basis. Hopefully the stupid kids will stay out of my swim lane! Apparently Eric and Carly are taking an interest in tennis too, so we'll have to have them up for a game or two one weekend. And then we'll have to take Carly to Krispy Kreme because she's never been to one. (Yeah, I know. I don't know how this is possible either, seeing as how she grew up in NOVA.)

That pretty much sums up everything that's going on at the moment. Hopefully you're all doing well. I'll try and post more often, but there's usually not much to write about. We'll see what the future holds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Glad to hear Julie is improving! I'll keep her as well as you and your parents in my prayers, as always :). Let your parents know there are people all around pulling for her. I've got no doubt slow progress can be rather disheartening at times, but progress is progress and that's ultimately what's important!

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home