Truer Than Fiction

My not-so-eventful, everyday life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Required Rambling

My wife has some crazy rule where if you don't post on your blog for two months, then you will be unlinked from her site. I think it just wouldn't do to be unlinked from my wife's blog. That would be the ultimate blagoblag (thanks xkcd!) insult, and I just wouldn't be able to stand for it. So, without further ado, I offer you random happenings in recent times.

Since I last posted here, congress has passed a retarded law making it illegal for financial institutions to do business with online poker sites, thus destroying my favorite hobby and a source of side income. (I had been doing very well for myself.) Hopefully this will be repealed in the near future now that the Democrats have control of the house and (possibly) senate. So, since poker was ripped from my arms, I needed to find another hobby.

I enlisted the help of Matt Green to help me pick out a good starter guitar and amp, and I have been plucking away at learning how to play. I think I'm doing pretty well for having been at it for only a month or so, and I'm definitely enjoying it. It's definitely a lot easier to get into than when I tried to teach myself to play the piano.

Speaking of guitar, Courtney and I are now the proud owners of Guitar Hero for our Playstation2. What a fun game! We first learned of it when Steve brought it to a LAN party I went to last weekend, and we ended up buying it the very next day with some Best Buy gift cards we received for our birthdays. We decided to name our band Poisson Sumac. (Poison Sumac + Poisson Distribution = Poisson Sumac! Nerds win.) We ended up beating the game on easy mode the same day, and now we have to work on unlocking all of the various extras. That will probably take a good while.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot that has been going on. Still workin', still livin'. Hopefully you're all doing well. I'm looking forward to the holidays. I need a vacation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

It's not crazy. I think asking one to post *6 times a year* is very generous.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home